Tax Prep: New Clients
Have we prepared your taxes before? Save time by visiting Tax Prep: Returning Clients.
We need three things to start:
1. All informational tax docs (W-2s, 1099s, etc.)
If you’re married or have dependents be sure to provide theirs also.
For 2013 or earlier tax returns you may get a transcript of these online. Alternatively, you’re welcome to hire us to compile relevant transcripts and review them with you.
2. A completed individual tax organizer.
We use tax organizers (questionnaires) to gather information and prepare accurate returns to minimize your taxes and maximize your refund. If you’re not sure about any questions please circle them so we know to follow-up.
If you have more than one year to file please fill out a separate organizer for each. Business owners will also need to complete a business tax organizer.
We have worksheets for specific parts like rental property and common business expenses. Need help? Don’t hesitate to call, email, or schedule a meeting!
3. A copy of your most recently filed tax return, if available.
Please include all schedules, forms and worksheets. If you have depreciating property, prior year AMT, or other carryover items it’s particularly helpful to provide a copy of your most recently filed return.
Sending us information:
- Email is always easiest. Please send to Office@InsightTaxServices.com and Andrew, David or Tom will be in touch.
- No scanner? Other options are: mailing, dropping off (address below), or faxing to 407-246-5551.
- We’re at the office from 9am to 5pm Mon-Fri and often evenings & weekends during tax season. Please call 407-246-5555 to confirm before stopping by outside of normal business hours.
- For peace of mind, we recommend that you keep copies of original documents sent to us.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call us at 407-246-5555 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.